Great Faculty Make Great Schools
Challenge, Inspire, Build - The St. Mary's Way
Thank you for your interest in joining the faculty and staff community at St. Mary's Episcopal School.
The school, located on 51 acres off of Covell and Broadway in Northeast Edmond, is an independent Episcopal School serving children ages 2.5 - 5th grade. Our approximately 250 students benefit from small class sizes, exceptional enrichment opportunities, and an award-winning before and after school program.
Becoming part of the St. Mary's Episcopal School family is more than just work; faculty and staff have daily opportunities to lead, serve, and shape the world around them through the young lives they impact in meaningful and lasting ways. Faculty and staff at SMES are fulfilled not only professionally, but personally, as they work in our collaborative and supportive environment, and educate children who are eager and ready to learn.
Our culture supports a positive work environment, in which our faculty come to work each day with a sense of mastery, belonging, and purpose. Collaborative, fun, and growth-minded professionals thrive at St. Mary's Episcopal School.
We would love to meet you. St. Mary's welcomes employment inquiries at any time by e-mailing a letter of interest and resume to our Head of School, Pamela Dockter, at email@example.com. Specific openings are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this role include the supervision, safety, and activities of children in an assigned group while ensuring the well-being of all children in the program. Supervision includes visual and auditory awareness as well as a pattern of circulating among the children.
The teaching assistant should be dependable, responsible, sensitive, mature, and able to relate to children as well as adults. Official start date August 12, 2022. This is a position with benefits that follows the School’s academic calendar.
Expectations/Requirements for Successful Performance:
- Must be energetic and have a positive attitude
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Understand and meet the developmental and academic needs of school-age students of varying academic, social, and emotional abilities
- Ability to adjust from sitting to standing with ease
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with children and adults in indoor and outdoor settings
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mary's Episcopal School is seeking fun, energetic, and flexible teachers for the School's Before and After School Program - Beyond the Classroom (BTC). BTC students are all enrolled at St. Mary's Episcopal School and range in age from 2.5 years old - 5th grade. BTC runs from 7:15-8:15 each morning and 3:15-6:00 each evening. Flexible days and hours are available.
Applicants should be personable, creative, flexible, and have a genuine desire to work with elementary and early childhood aged students in a private school environment.
This is an ideal job for a candidate pursuing a degree in education.
- Provide a positive, nurturing, and safe environment for each individual student.
- Supervise children in a variety of environments - playground, technology lab, classrooms, etc.
- Treat children with dignity and respect
- Help maintain a neat and organized space
- Supervises activities to ensure safety at all times
- Report to the Director any problem which may occur with the children
- Greets parents and children with salutations and smiles
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times
- GED preferred
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the School's program and philosophy.
St. Mary's is known for a culture of support from peers, and also parents. The generous Parent Organization sponsors Teacher Appreciation Week, celebrates faculty birthdays, and hosts luncheons for faculty at the beginning of the school year and at Christmas. Our Beau Geste Gala regularly funds faculty-led projects. Faculty participate in professional development twice a year at the school, and also enjoy special faculty chapel services at the beginning and end of each school year.
Faculty enjoy School Holidays (including Spring, Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks), as well as emergency, bereavement, and paid sick leave.
- Medical Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
After one year of employment the School contributes 2% of the employee's monthly salary; after two years of employment the School contributes up to an additional 6% match.
Participation in this plan decreases employee taxable income and includes dependent care and unreimbursed medical and dental expenses.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in professional development and the School may financially support approved courses of study, workshops, and conferences.
- 50% tuition discount for children of faculty and staff
- Complimentary before and after school care for children of faculty and staff
- Access to classroom discretionary funds for supplies and materials
- Opportunities to enhance your St. Mary's experience and share your unique talents through tutoring, after-school clubs, and being part of Summer at St. Mary's.
The School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The School's equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All Employees are responsible for complying with the School's equal employment opportunity policy.